- Do you have any loss of sexual interest?
- Do you feel any difficulties for maintaining erections?
- Are you feeling any weakness or less motivation?
MAY BE YOU HAVE LOSS OF LIBIDO…
What is Loss of Libido in Males?
Loss of libido/ Hypoactive sexual desire (HSD) or low sex drive is defined as the biological need for sexual activity (the sex drive) and frequently is expressed as sex-seeking behaviour. Its intensity is variable between individuals as well as within an individual over a given time. Low sex drive in male occurs due to the absence of sexual fantasy and desire for sexual activity leading to marked distress or interpersonal difficulty, which occurs in more than 15% of adult men.
Sexual performance anxiety
Sexual performance anxiety occurs when a man anticipates having some form of difficulty, such as difficulties with, or maintaining erections, or lack of arousal, causing him to be anxious or even panicked approaching or during sex. This can lead to a lack of desire or an avoidance of sex all together.
Common Causes of Loss of Libido
- Aging: Aging men often begin to experience symptoms such as sexual dysfunction (loss of libido, erectile dysfunction), weakness, fatigue, lethargy, insomnia, mood disorders, flushes, and less motivation.
- Low level of testosterone: Testosterone is a hormone responsible for the secondary sex characteristics that appear at puberty. Andropause is a convenient term for a complex of symptoms in aging men that are associated with low testosterone levels.
- Diseased state: Nerve pathways are shared or close to each other, so fear of having an accident, can cause a person to avoid sex entirely, thus depriving them of the closeness it brings.
- Mood disorder: Changes in attention and concentration may be perceived as lack of interest or love which may strain the relationship. Changes in mood, memory loss and depression can be frightening, frustrating and sometimes infuriating resulting in interference with closeness.
- Sensory issues: Non-genital symptoms such as numbness and tingling can distract and discourage either partner. So, impaired genital sensations can diminish pleasure, while heightened sensitivity may make even the lightest touch unbearable.
A cessation of the sexual desire owing to the rising of bitter thoughts of recollection in the mind of a man, or a forced intercourse with a disagreeable woman (who fails to sufficiently rouse up the sexual desire in the heart of her mate) illustrates an instance of mental impotency. The word “Aphrodisiac” is derived from “Aphrodite” theGreek goddess of love. By definition aphrodisiacs are the substance, which stimulate sexual desire (Greek-Aphrodisiakos-sexual). Vajikarana herbs are also the basis for therapies recommended in Kama sutra, a treatise defining methods for appropriate sexual satisfaction amongst couples. Old men, wishing to enjoy sexual pleasure or to secure the affections of women, as well as those suffering from loss of sexual desire or sexual incapacity, and persons weakened with sexual excesses may also use Vajikaran remedies. According to Rasendra Sara Sangrah an ayurvedic text Vajikaran remedy makes a man sexually as strong as a Horse (Vaji) and enables him to cheerfully satisfy the heat and passions of young girls.
A variety of herbs have been identified which improve sexual functioning and overall systemic health. Some of the useful herbs are:
- Epimediumgrandiflorum: Horny Goats Weed is considered natural sexual stimulators that encourage performance and testosterone production.
- Tribulusterristisis thought to contain aphrodisiac properties and also promotes muscle strength and prowess.
- Eleutherococcussenticosis: Siberian ginseng promotes male or ‘yang’ energy, aids circulation, supports natural vitality and also acts as an overall systemic supporter.
- Shilajit is a rejuvenating herb which contains 85 minerals in ionic form and humic acid and fulvic acid. It protects against and ageing thereby improving impotency, sterility, mental disease, concentration and memory.
- SafedMusli(Asparagus) is used in Ayurveda as an aphrodisiac. Primarily used as a tonic and rejuvenate the reproductive system. The regular use of this herb is valuable in impotency, premature ejaculation & low sperm count in men.
- Others: Lavender, lemon balm and passionflower improves nervous system and help maintain balanced emotions during everyday pressure, stress and common nervous tension, which can affect the ability to get and maintain an erection.